UNIVERSAL TAU-II FAMILY OF CRASH CUSHIONS
A COMPLETE FAMILY OF REDIRECTIVE, NON-GATING CRASH CUSHIONS TO SHIELD ALMOST ANY HAZARD
The Redirective, Non-Gating, Universal TAU-II Crash Cushion Family consists of a full line of Impact Attenuators designed to meet the requirements of NCHRP Report 350, TL-2 & TL-3. This family of crash cushions is available in lengths and capacities for both low and high-speed applications from 50-113 km/h (30-70 mph). The TAU-II Family of Crash Cushions can shield hazards with widths up to 2.6 m (102ā). TAU-II Non-Gating Redirective Systems are ideally suited for roadway hazards such as the ends of rigid concrete barriers, steel barrier, bridge piers, signs, etc.
- Minimum number of anchors needed to secure system
- Can be installed over expansion joints
- Low profile foundation ideal for deployment on bridge decks
- Numerous transition options
- Reusable nose standard
- Uses standard, non-proprietary transitions
Where to Use
To shield concrete barrier or guardrail ends in medians, side of road or gore areas in asphalt or on concrete roads. Can be installed as a permanent or temporary attenuator.
UNIVERSAL TAU-II SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
- Classification -Ā Redirective, Non-Gating, Partially Reusable (R-NG-PR) Impact Attenuator
- TL-3 Length -Ā 7.3 m / 23ā 10ā
- Width -Ā 0.7 - 3 m / 27 - 102ā
- Height -Ā 800 mm / 31 1/2ā
- TL-3 Weight -Ā 1225 kg / 2700 lb.
- Test Level -Ā NCHRP 350 TL 1 / 2 / 3
For more information visit