X-TENUATOR CRASH CUSHION
REDIRECTIVE, NON-GATING PERFORMANCE TO SHIELD GUARDRAIL OR CONCRETE ENDS
The Redirective, Non-Gating (R-NG) X-TENuator Crash Cushion features excellent impact performance. Utilizing superior engineering design, the X-TENuator Crash Cushion provides the life saving performance as a Redirective Non-Gating crash cushion. The X-TENuator System has been designed to be installed permanently and is also approved to be used on asphalt in work zones where Redirective Non-Gating performance is required. Standard transition options and narrow footprint make the X-TENuator System ideal for shielding roadside hazards.
- Only 26 ground anchors required for concrete for parallel systems
- Accepted for installation on asphalt
- Attaches to single faced guardrail, double faced guardrail and concrete barrier
- Uses standard transitions
Where to Use
In narrow medians or gore areas where guardrail is installed and crossover impacts can occur. Can also be used as a crash cushion to shield permanent and temporary concrete ends.
XTENUATOR SYSTEM SPECIFICATION
- Classification -Ā Redirective, Non-Gating, Sacrificial (R-NG-S) Impact Attenuator
- Length -Ā 7.5 m / 24ā 9ā
- Width -Ā 560 mm / 22ā
- Height -Ā 788 mm / Ā 31 3/16ā
- System Weight -Ā 750 kg Ā / Ā 1650 lb.
- Test Level -Ā NCHRP 350 TL-3
For more information visit